1 Many people in the modern world want to learn quiet sitting [meditation]. On the one hand, technological advancements help people live an affluent and materialistic life, and with it, they have come to realize the importance of their inner spiritual lives. Thus, they start to look for ways to bring peace and happiness to their souls.
2 On the other hand, some people want to learn quiet sitting to initiate their quests for healing diseases, for improving their health, and for living a long life.
3 Quiet sitting, therefore, has been gaining in popularity among people, as a spiritual exercise.
4 The purpose of Chinese Original Quiet Sitting is not only limited to the functions of healing and improving health. Its purpose and functions are far broader and deeper than those two. I will not expound on this at this point, but will explain later.
5 Chinese Original Quiet Sitting is the ultimate method handed down from the highest heaven. Those who want to learn it must have righteous qi.
6 After passing the preliminary interview, one also has to complete the one-hundred-day quiet-sitting training. This would be a difficult task for most ordinary people, because they may not be able to give up their busy daily activities to attend the training.
7 To cater to the convenience of the general public, I now introduce you to Serene Quiet Sitting, a simple and easy-to-learn method. Those who are interested in learning quiet sitting can learn this technique.
8 This type of quiet sitting is very easy to learn. Anyone can learn it. The main advantages of learning it include:
1) Getting rid of the causes of diseases and keeping one healthy.
2) Giving one a clear mind and the ability to think quickly.
3) Keeping one calm and having an open mind.
4) Keeping one energetic and strong in spirit, reducing stresses from daily life and increasing work efficiency.
5) Helping one cultivate righteous qi and develop life routines.
6) Cultivating one’s nature, nourishing one’s health and creating inner peace and happiness.
9 The following is the procedure of Serene Quiet Sitting:
1) Sit with the upper body erect. Plant both feet on the floor. Rest both hands on your knees. Sit comfortably on half of the chair.
2) Recite the “Twenty Watchwords” silently or whisper softly. The key is to imagine each Watchword scrolls down to the naval.
3) It takes from ten minutes to a few hours. Do what you can without forcing it.
4) When qi scrolls down to the naval, stop guiding it, just allow it to move in the body naturally. Because of the supplied righteous qi from the invisible force, the qi will heal the body from diseases and promote good health.
10 The “Twenty Watchwords” constitutes our “Code of Life.” They are: Loyalty, Forgiveness, Incorruptibility, Insight, Virtue, Rectitude, Justice, Trustworthiness, Forbearance, Altruism, Philanthropy, Filial Piety, Benevolence, Compassion, Awareness, Integrity, Moderation, Truthfulness, Propriety and Harmony.
11 To recite the Twenty Watchwords is to self-reflect and repent when going through them individually, and to cultivate a righteous heart so as to live properly.
12 Guiding the qi scrolling down to the naval is a technique that helps to calm oneself down.